My research focuses on both theoretical and applicational aspects of post-quantum cryptography. I am interested in isogeny-based cryptography and developing new protocols based on isogenies. I am also working on cryptanalyzing existing protocols, as well as developing efficient and secure hardware implementations of SABER and other lattice-based algorithms. I was a member of the SABER team, one of the four KEM finalists in the NIST post-quantum cryptography standardization process.
In the summer of 2022, I interned in the Advanced Cryptography group at Visa Resarch in Palo Alto, where I worked with Navid Alamati to develop new isogeny-based primitives. Between May and September 2021, I have been a research intern at Intel Labs. I worked together with Santosh Ghosh and Manoj Sastry to research a unified accelerator for multiple NIST finalist protocols.
Previously, I obtained a BSc in Mathematics from the University of Groningen (Netherlands) and a MSc in Mathematics from the University of Copenhagen, where I wrote my Master's thesis on isogeny-based cryptography under the supervision of Fabien Pazuki.
- A. Basso, T. B. Fouotsa, C. Petit, C. Weitkämper, Another Look at Adaptive Attacks on SIDH and Breaking HealSIDH, submitted
- A. Basso, F. Aydin, D. Dinu, J. Friel, A. Varna, M. Sastry and S. Ghosh, Where Star Wars Meets Star Trek: SABER and Dilithium on the Same Polynomial Multiplier, submitted (preprint)
- M. Imran, F. Almeida, J. Raik, A. Basso, S. Sinha Roy and S. Pagliarini, High-speed SABER Key Encapsulation Mechanism in 65nm CMOS (preprint)
- M. Imran, F. Almeida, J. Raik, A. Basso, S. Sinha Roy and S. Pagliarini, Design Space Exploration of SABER in 65nm ASIC, ASHES 2021 (preprint)
- A. Basso, P. Kutas, S.-P. Merz, C. Petit, A. Sanso, Cryptanalysis of an Oblivious PRF from Supersingular Isogenies, ASIACRYPT 2021 (preprint)
- A. Basso, S. Sinha Roy, Optimized Polynomial Multiplier Architectures for Post-Quantum KEM Saber, DAC 2021 (preprint)
- A. Basso, J. Bermudo Mera, J. P. D'Anvers, A. Karmakar, S. Sinha Roy, M. Van Beirendonck, and F. Vercauteren, SABER: Mod-LWR based KEM, NIST PQC Round 3 submission
- S. Sinha Roy, A. Basso, High-speed Instruction-set Coprocessor for Lattice-based Key Encapsulation Mechanism: Saber in Hardware, CHES 2020 (preprint).
- A. Basso, P. Kutas, S.-P. Merz, C. Petit, C. Weitkämper, On Adaptive Attacks against Jao-Urbanik's Isogeny-Based Protocol, AFRICACRYPT 2020 (preprint)
- A. Basso, F. Pazuki, On the supersingular GPST attack, Journal of Mathematical Cryptology vol. 16, no. 1, 2022 (preprint)
- PQCifris 2022, Trento, 10 - 14 October 2022.
EventsHere is a list of events I have attended or I am planning to attend soon:
- ACM CCS 2022, Los Angeles, 7 - 11 November 2022
- PQCifris 2022, Trento, 15 - 18 October 2022
- Leuven Isogeny Days, Leuven, 21 - 23 September 2022
- Real World Crypto (RWC) 2022, Amsterdam, 13 - 15 April 2022
- Post-Quantum Cryptanalysis Workshop, Birmingham, 21 - 25 March 2022
- Isogeny-based Cryptography Workshop, Birmingham, 16 - 18 March 2022
I presented a survey on Adaptive Attacks on SIDH-based Protocols (slides)
- Asiacrypt 2021, virtual event
- Design Automation Conference (DAC) 2021, virtual event
I presented the paper Optimized Polynomial Multiplier Architectures for Post-Quantum KEM Saber
- Quantum Computer Science Seminar, Budapest, 25 March 2021
I was an invited speaker to present on Saber and lattice-based cryptography (slides)
- CHES 2020, virtual event, 14 - 18 September 2020
- PQCifris Seminar, organized by the Italian national association of cryptography De Componendis Cifris, virtual event, 24 August 2020
- Algorithmic Number Theory Symposium (ANTS), virtual event, 29 June - 4 July 2020
I gave a short presentation on On Adaptive Attacks against Jao-Urbanik's Isogeny-Based Protocol (slides)
- PhD Winter School on Cyber Security, Newcastle, 13 - 16 January 2020